3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2009 8:22 AM by Steve Grisetti

Install Error Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Vista

jemmott@entermail.net

Tried to insatll Premiere Elements 8.

Photoshop Elements 8 is installed and seems to work correctly. The error Elements 8 is not instaledl or is corrupt Reinstall etc. No error code numbers.  Any ideas, Have tried a few times and also uninstalled Elements 8 and reinstalled. I am runnintg a Toshiba laptop and Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2

• 1. Re: Install Error Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Vista
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Ensure that your operating system is up to date. Manually go to Windows Update and download even the non-critical updates

Go to the nVidia or ATI site and download the latest firmware for your video card.

Ensure you have the latest version of Quicktime.

Also ensure that you have at least 30 gigabytes of free, defragmented space on your C drive.

If that still doesn't do it, please let us know how fast your processor is, how much RAM you have and how much free, defragmented space is on your hard drive.

The installation issues you're describing are very rare, so be sure to let us know any other variables you can think of also.

• 2. Re: Install Error Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Vista
            Acgypsy1

I tried installin trial version of Premier elements last night:

Got the foillowing error:  "Failed removing the dlm extension...."   But it continued installing -  but when went to launch.  it wouldn't.  So tried to uninstall it but could not find the program even though the downloadscreen showed it was in c:\\Premier Elements.

How do I remove this huge file from my hard drive ?   I

• 3. Re: Install Error Adobe Premiere Elements 8 Vista
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In order to avoid confusion and cross-talk, we try to limit each thread to one person's problem, Acgypsy. Please feel free start your own thread so that we can continue to work with the initial poster in this thread. Thank you.