0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2009 11:28 PM by KristopherWindsor

AdvancedDataGrid + IHierarchicalCollectionView + filterFunction bug: Example and workaround

KristopherWindsor

Yay, bugs!

My first question is, do you get this bug too? I'm running Flex 3.4 in Flash player 9.

My second question is, am I doing something wrong, or is this something that should be fixed in Flex?

Error: Bookmark no longer valid.
          at ListCollectionViewCursor/seek()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\c ollections\ListCollectionView.as:2048]
          at mx.collections::HierarchicalCollectionViewCursor/get current()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects\datavisualisation\src\mx\collections\Hiera rchicalCollectionViewCursor.as:198]
          at mx.collections::HierarchicalCollectionViewCursor/collectionChangeHandler()[C:\work\flex\d mv_automation\projects\datavisualisation\src\mx\collections\HierarchicalCollectionViewCurs or.as:1056]
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
          at mx.collections::HierarchicalCollectionView/internalRefresh()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\ projects\datavisualisation\src\mx\collections\HierarchicalCollectionView.as:806]
          at mx.collections::HierarchicalCollectionView/refresh()[C:\work\flex\dmv_automation\projects \datavisualisation\src\mx\collections\HierarchicalCollectionView.as:686]
          at ADGBookMarkBug/step4()[C:\eclipse-clearcase-flex-datatools\workspace-usOnCC\ADGBookMarkBu g\src\ADGBookMarkBug.mxml:70]
          at ADGBookMarkBug/___ADGBookMarkBug_Button6_click()[C:\eclipse-clearcase-flex-datatools\work space-usOnCC\ADGBookMarkBug\src\ADGBookMarkBug.mxml:99]

My code is here:

http://jafile.com/uploads/kristopherwindsor/paste/wowflexreally.txt

I was able to reproduce the bug in the above code after discovering it in a larger project.

If you run that, and click the buttons for steps 1 - 4 in that order, it will crash when you click button "step4", unless you click the button for step 3.5, which prevents it from crashing. Button "step3info" just shows the selected item in the ADG.

I don't know if this needs any more explanation, but if it does, just ask.

Thanks!