1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2010 3:27 AM by Sivakami Rajan

Getting Channel Ping Failed Error after disabling Browser cookies using Blazeds

ragini3

Hello All,

I am using Flex 3.3 , Blazeds 3.3.0.9520 in my application.When I disable the browser cookies I got the errors in fault handler of the Remote Object.

Errors in Detail :

1] [FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="Detected duplicate HTTP-based FlexSessions, generally due to the remote host disabling session cookies. Session cookies must be enabled to manage the client connection correctly."
      faultCode="Server.Processing.DuplicateSessionDetected" faultDetail="null"] messageId="74FCAA7C-6508-76B5-
      8BD1-AB2694B1D08E" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

2] [FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="Send failed" faultCode="Client.Error.MessageSend"

aultDetail="Channel.Ping.Failed error null url: 'http://192.168.1.76:8080/messagebroker/amf'"] messageId="963746F4-07A8-B1B6-09D4-DEE3BF9EDCD3"
      type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

Is there any way to use Blazeds by disabling the browser cookies?
      If you want more information , please let me know.

Awaiting for prompt reply!

Thanks and Regards,
      Ragini.

• 1. Re: Getting Channel Ping Failed Error after disabling Browser cookies using Blazeds
          Sivakami Rajan

Hi,

I was facing the same issue in my application.  I our case the error occured while navigating from one module to another.

I resolved it with the following solution.

1. In services-config.xml,

add <invalidate-session-on-disconnect>true</invalidate-session-on-disconnect> in the channel definition as below

<channel-definition id="my-amf" class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">

<endpoint url="http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amf" class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>

<properties>

<polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled>

<add-no-cache-headers>true</add-no-cache-headers>

<invalidate-session-on-disconnect>true</invalidate-session-on-disconnect>

</properties>

</channel-definition>

2. Then after each RemoteObjectcall , disconnect the connection in the result handler and fault handler of the RemoteObject.

example : myRemoteObject.disconnect().

Thanks,

Sivakami