4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2009 10:21 AM by pcw5892

error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS

pcw5892

I am continually seeing this error message, I have spoken with Tech support know on FOUR occasions and logged it THREE times with we support, despite this being a common issue there appears to be no solution and trying to find someone that can help and reset my activation count seems nigh on impossible. All I get from tech support is that ADE is no longer supported try web support!!!. There must be a resolution out there and someone who can reset the count, ideally a patch to fix it would be preferred!!       Help anyone!!!

• 1. Re: error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS
          vanillabeen14

I am having a similar problem.  Every time I open ADE, I have to authorize my computer.  Isn't once enough?  And now, I can't get to any of my downloads because there have been too many activations.  Do you have to authorize your computer every time you want to open ADE, or is it supposed to be a one time thing?  If it's a one time thing, why isn't my computer already authorized?

~Marta

• 2. Re: error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS
            Jim Lester Level 4

Yes to get this fixed you need to log a tech support case by going through the Web Portal http://www.adobe.ocm/support/digitaleditions/ (click on "Submit a web case").  Make sure to include the AdobeID you are using along with the full text of the error message in your description.

• 3. Re: error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS
              pcw5892 Level 1

I will be out of the office starting 24/12/2009 and will not return until

04/01/2010.

I will be on holiday until Monday 4th January 2010.

Should you need my urgent input please contact me via my mobile phone and

leave a message that I will respond to when in a position to do so.

Note: This is an automated response to your message  "[Adobe Digital

Editions] error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS" sent on 12/31/2009 3:59:06 PM.

This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.

• 4. Re: error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS
                pcw5892 Level 1

Thanks Jim,

I have logged this and am not so patiently waiting............ I notice that you have managed to reset authorisations for other users, would there be any chance of a little seasonal good cheer and kindly do the same for me, I would be extremely grateful, and it would keep the peace in the house tonight!

many hopeful thanks!