4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2009 7:57 AM by junction 21

win 7 64 bit failed istall prem pro

junction 21 Level 1

i have just bought a new computer

with the intention of editing hd video my system spec is intel i7 processor win 7 64bit nvida 260geforce sonic graphic card

2 750 gig drives creative extreame sound card 4 gig ram

my problem is when i install prem pro cs4 all is fine until the end of the instillation when i get a error message that the software has not install correctly it is not compatible to this o/s would you like to use another setting

the first time i ignored this when i tried to us the program lots of options  greyed out

especially in encore so i uninstalled adobe apps and reinstalled this time i got the same error message but i let widows re install using a different setting it installed as xp s/p 2 it all seams to work ok but i am worried that it will not use the full potential of my system I am only using dv video at this time will it work on hd video

i have just bought the prem pro upgrade i have contacted adobe they advised me to get   32bit o/s that it is not compatible to win746bit i spoke to another abobe rep he told that it was compatable and my computer was at fault because i have had at rial version installed he advised copying the installation discs to the desk top and installing from there i do not know how to do that

or format my drive and start   with  a clean  install

my system is new with only adobe and the necessary drivers installed can any one offer me any advise