4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2013 1:19 PM by applezing

Whenever I try to tween an object, it disappears?

Flashbro

This is step by step of what I did:

1. I created an object

2. I placed a keyframe 30 frames after the original frame

3. In the 30th frame, I move the object to the left.

4. I right click on the first frame, and click create classic tween.

5. The object disappears. I could only see the blue 'frame', you know, when it converts to a symbol, or when you group it.

And in the timeline, the 'dot' in the frame, is still there, indicating its there but you can't see it. Its only when you double click on the object, and then you can see it. And when I go to library and remove tween, the object is still not visible on the stage.

What did I do wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks :]

Oh and I'm using Adobe Flash CS4.

• 1. Re: Whenever I try to tween an object, it disappears?
          markerline Level 4

Classic Tweens are for Movie Clips.  Shape Tweens are for objects that have not been converted into a symbol.  Perhaps that is where your issue lies.  BTW how can you double-click on an object if you can't see it? What do you mean by "the dot is there"?  Are you talking about the registration point?

• 2. Re: Whenever I try to tween an object, it disappears?
            Flashbro Level 1

But aren't classic tweens and shape tweens different things? Like in shape tween the object changes into another object. I just want my object to move to the left. I can't see the object, but I could see the blue frame, and the white thingy in the middle.

For what I mean in 'the dot is there' is when you go to your timeline, you see all the frames, right? So if you add a blank keyframe, the frame has a clear dot, while a frame with something inside has a black dot. I don't know what a registration point is sorry

• 3. Re: Whenever I try to tween an object, it disappears?
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are trying to move something using a tween you need to turn it into a symbol (Graphic, MoiveClip, Button)--if it is a symbol it will exist as an item in your library.  For a classic tween, be sure to have the exact same symbol at both ends of the tween--easiest done by first placing the initial keyframe with the object in it, then going down the timeline on that layer and inserting a new keyframe.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Whenever I try to tween an object, it disappears?
                applezing Level 1

I had this same problem -

Make sure "Edit Multiple Frames" is unchecked (it's in your onion skin options, beneath the timeline).

That fixed it for me.

(I know this thread is super old, but this still can and does happen sometimes.)

1 person found this helpful