3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2008 6:06 PM by ajesing

Data Not Showing In Internet Explorer

ajesing
      Hello,

We have some data which is being pulled from a web service which is displayed in a data grid.
      We created a portlet in Oracle Portal with the object tags and the some parameters are being passed to the object tags. In firefox it works perfectly, however in internet explorer it is not getting displayed.Attached is the object code we use.

Could someone kindly help to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Data Not Showing In Internet Explorer
          matthew horn Level 3
          I don't see any reason why it would not load in IE. Have you tried setting IE as your default browser and launching the application from Flex Builder?

matt horn
          flex docs
          • 2. Re: Data Not Showing In Internet Explorer
            ntsiii Level 3
            Good idea.

To do that you will need to copy the host html file into the html-template folder, turn off "Generate html wrapper" in properties, and set up a run configuration that points to that file.

A thought: IE 7 has implemented that "press spacebar to activate" thing. the generated html wrappers avoid this by having the Flash Player be instantiated using javascript. Perhaps you app is sitting invisible, waiting to be activated?

Try running the app in IE using the normal FlexBuilder generated wrapper. Hmm, maybe that is what Matt meant... If that works, I'd suggest starting with that html as the base for your custom one.

Tracy
            • 3. Re: Data Not Showing In Internet Explorer
              ajesing Level 1
              I managed to work in IE by putting an IF condition for IE browsers.

Below is the code I used, it is working, though not sure whether this is the right approach.

Thanks