3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2008 5:07 AM by Newsgroup_User

Making an Image Appear when the pointer is overed over a particular item

daz18983
      I am 'Extremely' new to the whole dreamweaver/web creation tools and i have been tasked producing a webpage. But to get things going i need to learn how to create a page than when the mouse is hovering over a certain part of the page an image or whatever i want appears. I've come accross image maps, which i think might be the key but i am not sure how to get the image to appear??? Can someone point me in the right direction maybe to a tutorial or help. Like i said image maps may be the key but there may be an easier/better way.

thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Making an Image Appear when the pointer is overed over a particular item
          Level 7
          What is your knowledge of HTML and CSS? Given the wording in your question,
          I'm guessing it's minimal. Be aware that without this knowledge, DW will be
          a very tough and steep uphill climb for you. You will make many mistakes
          and encounter many mysterious things....

What you are describing is often done with an image swap, and DW has a
          built-in Swap Image behavior that will accomplish this. Select your
          'trigger' link, and apply the behavior to swap image A with image B. This
          implies several things -

1. image A must already be on the page, and be named
          2. your 'trigger' must already be a link

Would that work for you?

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"daz18983" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g28gpo$sk0$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am 'Extremely' new to the whole dreamweaver/web creation tools and i have
          > been tasked producing a webpage. But to get things going i need to learn
          > how to
          > create a page than when the mouse is hovering over a certain part of the
          > page
          > an image or whatever i want appears. I've come accross image maps, which i
          > think might be the key but i am not sure how to get the image to appear???
          > Can
          > someone point me in the right direction maybe to a tutorial or help. Like
          > i
          > said image maps may be the key but there may be an easier/better way.
          >
          > thanks in advance
          >

• 2. Re: Making an Image Appear when the pointer is overed over a particular item
            daz18983 Level 1
            Ha, i guess you could smell by newbie-ism (?) a mile away?? My knowledge of HTML is very minimum but i think i may have figured out a way of achieving what i need doing pretty much what you suggested. Just going to test it out see if it gives me what i need

thanks
            • 3. Re: Making an Image Appear when the pointer is overed over a particular item
              Level 7
              If you are swapping images you will wind up with a massive page.

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
              ==================
              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              ==================

"daz18983" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:g28jg9$20o$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Ha, i guess you could smell by newbie-ism (?) a mile away?? My knowledge
              > of
              > HTML is very minimum but i think i may have figured out a way of achieving
              > what
              > i need doing pretty much what you suggested. Just going to test it out see
              > if
              > it gives me what i need
              >
              > thanks
              >