3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2008 6:02 PM by ntsiii

Installing Flex 3 on a server?

zombee
      I have a local Win2003 server, which I would like to develop Flex 3 applications on.

If I develop them locally, then I can't access web services and cfc's which reside on the server.

Anyone got a step by step guide to installing on the above server, with Coldfusion 8?

Many Thanks

Jonathan
        • 1. Re: Installing Flex 3 on a server?
          ntsiii Level 3
          This is probalbly a security problem. Are you using FlexBuilder? or the SDK?
          Tracy
          • 2. Re: Installing Flex 3 on a server?
            zombee Level 1
            Thanks for replying Tracy.

I've actually tried it with both Flex Builder 3 and the SDK! I've had so many problems thanks to permissions! *LOL* But then what would life be without problems?

BLISS!

Jonathan
            • 3. Re: Installing Flex 3 on a server?
              ntsiii Level 3
              "...can't access web services and cfc's which reside on the server..."
              That SCREAMS security problem.

Flex Builder installs into a trusted sandbox and apps running under it can access most anything.

Not so when running an app served by a web server.

It really does not matter where/how you install Flex/Flex Builder as long as you can compile the swf's.

But you must deal with the security issues to run the apps. the primary fix is to put a crossdomain.xml file on the server you want to access the data from.

Tracy