Are you running a 64bit java runtime ?, I had some issues a while back (haven't used Flex 3 for a long time now) I uninstalled flex flushed out the ruminants of the install uninstalled 64 bit jre then reinstalled flex 3 and all was ok.
thanks for your reply.
I've installed a normal 32bit jre 6.10, though i installed this one after i installed flex.
Could the problem maybe be the Eclipse Version that comes with the standalone Flex Builder ?
Or ist there a way to make the eclipsepart of the flexbuilder W7 compatible ?
I will try to unsinstall all of the flexbuilder again.
I would be thankful for any more hints someone can give me.
I just did a quick search on the bug database and couldn't see anything that was similar to your problem, one thing I do remember about flex3 and Windows 7 x64 was that until i switched UAC off the install did not function correctly, even when I ran the install as administrator, the first thing that showed the install was wrong was a missing navigation page. ( I resolved this with Flashbuilder by extracting the setup files from the download exe then run the setup directly on the install set.)
One other thing if you have enough RAM download virtualbox(or if you have a 64 bit processor with true virtualisation you can run m$'s free xp virtual machine, but the virtualbox way is better imho) and do an xp install flex runs quite well in a xp virtual machin, this at least would be a quick fix if you are reaching a point of desperation.
Thanks alot David for trying to help. After spending several hours searching i found the problem.
Believe it or not, the problem is caused by the Logitech Drivers.
The Problem already existed in Vista 64bit.
See this Post.
After uninstalling the SetPoint Software everything is looking normal again.
Thanks again for your help.