2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2010 7:58 AM by randomstimulus

Premiere Pro CS 4 Sequence Settings Crash

randomstimulus

Hi,

I reecently upgraded to Premiere Pro CS4. When trying to open the "Sequence Settings" option under the Sequence menu, the program immediately crashes. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it? It may be just because I am trying to open a project created in an older version of Premiere (6.0).

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CS 4 Sequence Settings Crash
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I have not read of this happening, but there is usually a breadcrumb trail, when a program crashes, in the error and warning messages in Event Viewer. This ARTICLE will give you some tips on unlocking the "clues." Be sure to follow all links in any of the error/warning messages, as one might well lead directly to the problem.

This ARTICLE will give you some tips on setting up for an editing session.

Now, in PrElements, some have had issues, when scrolling through Transitions, Effects and some other dialog screens, due to older nVidia video drivers. When they updated to the latest nVidia driver, things cleared up well. I'd update to the latest, whether you have nVidia, or ATI.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premiere Pro CS 4 Sequence Settings Crash
            randomstimulus Level 1

I was able to access the sequence settings menu by opening a new sequence within the same project and copy/pasting the original sequence into the new one. However, even after changing the settings I'm still having problems exporting.

I captured my original footage in widescreen, I have all of the project and export settings in widescreen, but when I export the finished video comes out in 4:3 with black bars on the top and sides so that it looks like the video is playing in a tiny box in the middle of the screen. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?