1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 3, 2010 4:27 AM by Mylenium

Adjust keyframe values after exponential scale

DC B. 09 Level 1

Say, I have two keyframes, I select both then right-click them and go to Keyframe Assistant -> exponential scale. This creates a bunch of keyframes and spreads the values in an exponential scale. I love this feature, but for this particular example the rate of exponential decay is still too steep if I apply it like this, so I was wondering can I adjust the way those exponential keyframes are applied? Maybe with expressions once the keyframes are created?

PS. I need this for the scale manipulation and I need to decrease the zoom-out rate in the beginning -- my animation starts too fast even with exponential scale.

• 1. Re: Adjust keyframe values after exponential scale
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You can modify existing values by simply using

value <operator> myCode

value always refers to the current property stream, for multidimensional arrays like position of course you need to further separate the components using value[array index], e.g. value[0]. Anyway, what you want is best done by using linear keyframes for the start and end and then create a custom interpolation between them using expressions. A good place to start would be the Ease and Wizz script that can generate a number of custom interpolation methods.

Mylenium