7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2007 3:59 PM by I_Dream_of_Weaver

Hosting support

I_Dream_of_Weaver
      I am looking for a host service for my Dreamweaver-made site. My site, which is hosted by Go Daddy, cannot be seen in several South American countries, while the Go Daddy site can be seen. They want me to run a tracer. So...

Can anybody recommend a reliable, reasonably-priced, reliable host service?
        • 1. Re: Hosting support
          alaonso
          Network Solutions
          Barato, bueno, y bonito
          Inexepensive, good, nice

Y grande

http://networksolutions.com should work

or netsol.com, or search anywhere

al
          cali, colombia, south america
          • 2. Re: Hosting support
            DaphneStarr
            That is strange - one of my Spanish sites is hosted by GoDaddy and gets a ton of South American traffic especially Colombia, Uruguay, Venezuela, Argentina, and Peru. But now that I think of it I have never gotten visitors from Bolivia, Paraguay, or some of the smaller countries. What does GoDaddy say about it?
            • 3. Re: Hosting support
              Level 7

"I Dream of Weaver" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:fb5bm2$iej$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >I am looking for a host service for my Dreamweaver-made site. My site,
              >which is
              > hosted by Go Daddy, cannot be seen in several South American countries,
              > while
              > the Go Daddy site can be seen. They want me to run a tracer. So...
              >
              > Can anybody recommend a reliable, reasonably-priced, reliable host
              > service?

http://www.hostmysite.com

http://www.crystaltech.com

I've been using both for years and am very satisfied.

GoDaddy has a very poor reputation as a web host, as does Network Solutions,
              mentioned by another poster. I would strongly suggest avoiding both.

--
              Patty Ayers | Adobe Community Expert
              www.WebDevBiz.com
              Free Articles on the Business of Web Development
              Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form, Estimate Worksheet
              --

• 4. Re: Hosting support
                I_Dream_of_Weaver Level 1
                They don't know. They have told me to run a tracer, and have given me instructions on how to do so. However, my contacts in S. America have not been able to follow Go Daddy's instructions. The countries that I am having trouble with are Peru, Argentina and Brazil.

Go Daddy's customer service people are very nice, but not terribly effective.
                • 5. Re: Hosting support
                  They don't know. They have told me to run a tracer, and have given me instructions on how to do so. However, my contacts in S. America have not been able to follow Go Daddy's instructions. The countries that I am having trouble with are Peru, Argentina and Brazil.

• 6. Re: Hosting support

• 7. Re: Hosting support
                      Thanks for the info.