1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2010 12:05 PM by Mylenium

Flight (motion) Path or (Track motion)

giannis72str Level 1

Hello,

I want to make the effect of a hero flying. The actor has been shot in front of a green screen.

I want to place the actor to a different background video, but I also want to animate him.

It is easy when you have one frame photo and you want to make a motion path so that the photo or the 3D model to follow.

I want all the actor frames to follow. So if I shoot a flight path and then I do some track motion in order for the actor to follow that path, will it work for alla the frames? It is very boring to animate the actor frame by frame. And this procedure doesn't produce a smoth movement. Is there a way that you can allign the whole green screen shooting with the flight path?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Flight (motion) Path or (Track motion)
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I honestly don't know what you are trying to describe. If your actor didn't mimic the actual flight movements, then popping him onto your background will always look goofy in one way or the other. if you are simply refering to aligning an AE layer with a motion path, check the auto-orient options in the menu under Layer --> Transform --> Auto Orient.

Mylenium