When I get a system crash, program crash, or hang, I use the tips in this ARTICLE to gather "clues" as to what is happening. Often, it'll be just a simple driver issue, but one can often nail down exactly what's going wrong.
Be sure to follow any link in any error, or warning message carefully. Much of what you will find will be junk. However, like a good detective, often one clue leads to another.
To help isolate and resolve potentional issues, let's start with the video assets your attempting to use with PE.
What Camcorder (or still camera) did it come from, and whats it's format (Mpeg, MOV, AVCHD, etc.) ???
How was it imported into PE, with Device Capture, Get Media, etc. ???
What are the Project Presets used with PE ???
Once we have an idea of what your working with, we may be better able to help you on your way.
I would not upgrade PE or hardware until you have a better idea on what may be your issue. You could find that you upgrade PE and the issue is with your source video, so the problem moves right along to the new version of PE...
- Do Window Update, Audio Driver update and Display card update.
- Press Shift+Alt+Ctrl while launching application. It will clean plugins enteries.
- Delete "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\"
- Delete "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Adobe\Premiere Elements"
- Delete "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\"
Share your findings.
What are the files from c drive that I am supposed to delete? What do
they do and why should i delete them. I hate to delete files when i do
not know what they do.