2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2010 11:27 PM by Gaurav P(Adobe)

Problem Generating Sample PHP Service From Database

noisewaterphd

I have a fresh install of Flash Builder 4 Beta 2 installed on Mac OS X 10.5.8, and on 10.6, both fail at sample generation. The database is a remote MySQL 5.0.45 running on CentOS 5.1.

I tried this first from my laptop, the 10.6 machine, and when I was presented with the error detailed later, I tracked down some info online stating it could be an issue with snow leopard(10.6), so I installed FB4 on my desktop. I don't get the crazy auth error in 10.5.8, but it still does not work.

Here is how:

1 - create a new Flex project with PHP server type.

2 - select Connect to data service from the Data menu, select the PHP option

3 - click the "generate sample service link"

4 - select Generate from database radio button

5 - fill in valid connection information and hit Connect to Database button (my connection info is good, and works from multiple other clients)

Results:

10.6 - After hitting connect to db, a dialog appears with the following error:

Warning: PDO::__construct() [pdo.--construct]: OK packet 6 bytes shorter than expected in/Library/WebServer/Documents/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php on line 129
         /0/onStatusˇˇˇˇ ÅSIflex.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage extendedData faultCode faultDetail faultString rootCause correlationId clientId destination messageId timestamp timeToLive headers     body   ú #0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(96): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(448): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()#2 /Library/WebServer/Documents/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abs

10.5.8 - After hitting the connect to db button a dialog appears with the following error:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

This one is suspect because the dialog appears instantly, like really fast, as if it didn't actually even attempt to connect to the DB.

I would love to solve at least 1 of these problems, but I am not sure where to even start. Any ideas?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Problem Generating Sample PHP Service From Database
          Gaurav P(Adobe)

Can you please share a sample of your database as a sql export. Make sure that this sample is resulting in the mentioned issue so that we can reproduce this on our end.

Thanks,

- Gaurav

• 2. Re: Problem Generating Sample PHP Service From Database
            noisewaterphd Level 1

Thanks for the quick response.  I think you could just use any random MySQL DB you want, in the case of the 10.6 error, I'm pretty certain that the error is coming from authenticating to MySQL, so it's not even getting to my DB. In the case of the 10.5.8 error, I actually was just checking my theory that it isn't even trying to talk to the server and I was correct. I popped up my network monitor app, and when I try to connect to the database it just throws up the connection error without even attempting to connect to the db, no packets in or out at all when you hit the connect button.

I could still send you a sample of the DB, but in either case it's never actually getting to my database.  Let me know.