2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2010 7:03 PM by MichaelKazlow

Adobe Reader closes quickly

fourseas24

When I open adobe reader it stays open for about 5 seconds and then closes, help? I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader closes quickly
          brigitdryad0

I'm having the same problem--just started today.  Have had both Acrobat Standard 7 and Reader 8 installed for quite some time without problems--now all of a sudden I can't get my kids' school worksheets and answer keys!!!  (They attend school online--this is a major issue!!!)

Thought it was a Firefox problem since it started when opening PDFs in Firefox 3, but I have the same problem in IE 7 *AND* when opening PDFs directly in either Acrobat *OR* Reader:  The file opens for a couple of seconds, but then:  "Adobe Acrobat 7.0 has encountered a problem and needs to close," or a similar message about Reader.  If I'm quick enough, I can just barely save the file before it crashes--but then when I try to manually open it, same crash message.

SOMEBODY HELP!!!  This problem is catastrophic for work and school in this house!!!  (And I can't imagine if the same thing began to happen on our office computers!)

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader closes quickly
            MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Uninstall Reader. Re-install Acrobat.