Okay, so I'll admit to doing it completely wrong the first time.
I think I probably did just about eveything you weren't supposed to do.
1. I had eclipse and the cfbuilder beta2 perspective open
2. I uninstalled from the windows add/remove programs (which incidently didn't uninstall a bunch of stuff because it was open)
3. At this point I ended up just going into the eclipse folder and deleteing everying from the plug-in directory marked "com.adobe..."
At this point it let me install, and completed without screaming at me.
So now, I open eclipse, and try to open the cf perspective and its not there.
So NOW I read the directions, and I try starting this from scratch
1. Uninstall beta 3
2. close and reopen eclipse with the -clean
3. threw in a reboot here just in case
4. Install beta 3
5. Open eclipse with the -clean
So, I go to open the perspective, still not there.
However I go to the Eclipse - Help - About Eclipse Platform and I see the CF logo, I go to the installed plug-ins and its listed, I go to the Window - Preferences and I can configure it. I just can't get it into the menu to open it.
Incidently - Eclipse Ganyamede - 3.4.2
Anyone have any ideas?
Go to the plugins window and view the properties for the plugin, and then have a look under 'Status'
It might list out the things that are wrong with it.
I have a similar issue where it doesn't work properly after installing it as a plugin, the issues mine shows under 'Status' is:
Plug-in "com.adobe.html.help" version "0.0.0" referenced by this feature is missing.
Plug-in "org.derby.driver" version "188.8.131.5222" referenced by this feature is missing.
Plug-in "org.eclipse.atf.mozilla.ide.core" version "0.2.1.v200703161053" referenced by this feature is missing.
Plug-in "com.extjs.ext.3.0" version "1.0.0.001" referenced by this feature is missing.
I haven't been able to find where to get those plugins either yet.