2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2010 7:37 AM by gvwalsh

Turning off frame blending in Adobe Media Encoder

gvwalsh

Is there a way to turn off frame blending in Adobe Media Encoder?  I have a bunch of

Flip Mino HD footage (1280x720p) which I wish to convert to P2 720p format so that

I can more easily mix and match it in the Premiere timeline with actual P2 footage

shot on an HVX200.

I successfully used Media Encoder to perform this task but there is one problem.  The

Flip footage is 30fps and P2 720p is 29.97fps.  So Media Encoder uses frame blending.

The frame blending sometimes creates obnoxious artifacts so I would like to turn it

off but there seems to be no way to do this (or alternatively "conform" the 30fps input

to 29.97fps so that no blending is nescessary).

After Effects CS4 would seem like an alternative since it has nice batch composition

creation and rendering features but it cannot render to the P2 format - it appears to

have a older version of Media Encoder embedded within it - predating P2 support.

I would like a solution that is easily "batchable" as I have several hunderd Flip Mino HD

clips that need to be processed.

You might also ask, why not just import the Flip clips unchanged into Premiere CS4

and mix them with the P2 clips?....I have tried this and it seems to drive Premiere crazy

introducing various crashes and other strange behaviors.  The pre conversion to P2

route seems to work fine.  I just want to get rid of the frame blending.