6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 8:01 AM by the_wine_snob

Help!!!!!! Runaway PE7

Tom Berquist Level 1

Dear Experts:

Please someone help. I am just learning PE7 and am finding it very hyperactive. As when I want to add a title or an effect on a still as soon as I move my cursor just about anywhere on the field, it automatically starts the playhead and the moving going and does not enable me to select any of the effects for editing? Can you explain and tell me how to quiet this craziness?

Tom

• 1. Re: Help!!!!!! Runaway PE7
          the_wine_snob Level 9

What mouse driver do you have installed? If it's the MS InteliPoint, you might want to read this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Help!!!!!! Runaway PE7
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Here's an ARTICLE on "runaway Timeline."

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Help!!!!!! Runaway PE7
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Here's another ARTICLE on "runaway Timeline," from the same forum.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Help!!!!!! Runaway PE7
                Tom Berquist Level 1

Bill: Thank you so much. That was very weird. It was that mouse and I

installed a new driver and it seems to be fine, but as I started working I

found out a real shocker  about PE7(unless I' m missing something) . You

dont seem to be able to add controlled motion to stills .i.e., a pan accross

a photo. A MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT as I bought this new program to replace the

simplistic Windows Movie Maker that came with my computer, but at least that

program I could have panning options and I do a lot of Ken Burns type dvd's

with both animated stills and video footage.

If this is true, what is the best alternative since I use a lot of stills?

A. Create a documentary-like project adding controlled movement to stills in

another program, then import it into PE7 or make a DVD then copy it into PE7

B. What would be the best program out there that is most compatible/easy to

do that with? Is there another Adobe program that does both full video and

still editing together to create a combination dvd?

Please advise.

Thanks again,

Tom

• 5. Re: Help!!!!!! Runaway PE7
                  VDOSurfer Level 3

You can Zoom and Pan videos and stills by animating the content (Key-framing the motion properties). That is a longer way to do it, but at least you will have greater control on the content..

• 6. Re: Help!!!!!! Runaway PE7
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Tom,

As VDOSurfer mentions, you CAN add animation to stills. This is done from the Effects Panel. You will edit the fixed (contained on all Assets) Effects, Motion>Scale and Motion>Position. These changes in the parameters of those Effects can be Keyframed to animate them over time. Also note, many other Effects (fixed, and added) can also be animated. Some cannot, but even with a few of these, one can "cheat" and accomplish the same thing.

Steve Grisetti has three (IIRC) articles on Keyframing Effects in PrE, in his "Learning Series," on the Muvipix site. I have a few articles and links to tutorials, but they are all for PrPro, which is similar, but IS different enough as to be highly confusing to a PrE user. Steve's series is FOR PrE, so one does not need to "read between the lines."

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - Steve also covers Keyframing Effects in his PrE books, also available from Muvipix and Amazon.