6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2010 8:32 AM by allanjard

SecurityError #2148 in nightly builds

allanjard

Hello all,

I have little doubt that I've done something daft here, or completely missed a piece of documentation somewhere pertaining to using nightly builds, but I'm getting a security error when I try to build my Gumbo application with a nightly build (any of them). Compiling exactly the same application using the Flex SDK 4 beta 2 works no problem, but as soon as I switch to building with a nightly (4.0.0.13301 at the time of writing is the latest) I get:

SecurityError: Error #2148: SWF file file:///Users/allan/Desktop/Flex/GoSMonitor/app.swf cannot access local resource file:///Users/allan/Desktop/Flex/GoSMonitor/textLayout_1.0.0.584.swf. Only local-with-filesystem and trusted local SWF files may access local resources.

at flash.net::URLStream/load()

at flash.net::URLLoader/load()

at mx.core::CrossDomainRSLItem/load()

at mx.core::RSLListLoader/loadNext()

at mx.core::RSLListLoader/load()

at mx.preloaders::Preloader/initialize()

at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::initialize()

at mx.managers::SystemManager/initHandler()

Clicking continue in the error dialogue results in a blank Flash player window.
      I've seen mentioned in places while looking for an answer, that adding "-use-network=false" as a compiler option helps, and it does make a difference. I get a message saying my application is trying to communicate with fpdownload.adobe.com. Clicking okay results in the same blank Flash player window as before.
      Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered,
      Allan