2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 2:58 AM by guyyb

Zoom and pan on still images

guyyb

Hi,

I'm new in premiere elements (V8) I'm looking for a way to put still images in my project and then zoom in or out or pan over that image. I've looked in the effects but can't find a solution there, so I'm probably looking in the wrong area. Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Zoom and pan on still images
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

On the drop-down menu on the Effects panel, you'll find Presets. The Presets panel includes a number of pans and zooms you can just drag and drop on your photos -- although your photos must be sized to according to the given preset in order for them to work.

A more professional solution is to size your photos to 1000x750 pixels (per the FAQs to the right of this forum) and then use keyframing to create your own custom motion paths. You'll find a free eBook I've written on keyframing at Muvipix.com.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Zoom and pan on still images
            guyyb Level 1

Thank you Steve,

I've meanwhile also registered for Muvipix, so I guess I'll work out the way that suits me best - the slideshow in PSE also seems a good idea which I will give a try.

I have been using Pinnacle Studio where it was quite straight forward to pan and zoom at will on any size of picture, so I will have to get used to the limitations I see here in PRE.