1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 5:08 PM by AdobeScripts

[CS4 VB] Table problem

Jarema_IV

Hi there,

I got a problem with formating cells in InDesign CS4.

Let say I got a table with 1 header and 1 body row.

I format the last cell with a solid stroke 0,5 pts.

Then, i create next row in this table with:

Table.BodyRowCount = Table.BodyRowCount + 1

Hier I got first problem - InDesign put by default the same format to the last cell like in den row before. (is there a way to avoid this?)

When I use a cell style to format the last cell the format cause the last cell in the new row has now proper format (stroke 0 pts) BUT the row before loose also bottom stroke format - is there a way to avoid this problem without proofing all the time if there was a stroke setted in row bevore?

Another issue with table stroke.

If I try to format a cell in first row after header row I'll never get the top stroke of this cell formated (object modl tells it is formated but UI shown nothing). The only one thing I can do is to format the bottom stroke of header cell BUT - sometimes the table goes over a few text frames and the header is shown in each text frame - the problem is clear - I got now the wrong format in each other text frame... any solution for this?

regards

Jarema

• 1. Re: [CS4 VB] Table problem
          AdobeScripts Level 3

Jarema_IV wrote:

Hier I got first problem - InDesign put by default the same format to the last cell like in den row before. (is there a way to avoid this?)

[...]

If I try to format a cell in first row after header row I'll never get the top stroke of this cell formated (object modl tells it is formated but UI shown nothing). The only one thing I can do is to format the bottom stroke of header cell BUT - sometimes the table goes over a few text frames and the header is shown in each text frame - the problem is clear - I got now the wrong format in each other text frame... any solution for this?

I can't test it now - but should work - Copy whole "affected" row and Paste it back after adding new row

robin

www.adobescripts.co.uk