• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CS4: How to Set/Disable Snap Area?

Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to shorten one of my clips only a few frames. But if I use the Delete and Fill Gaps tool (my translation from German version) I can only shorten my clip for a minimum of, say, 20 frames because there seems some kind of snapping functionality enabled.

This snapping mechanism clings my selection to the clip's current end until I've left a certain area around that clip's end.

How can I set the width of this snapping area? Can I disable it temporarily, e.g. by pressing something like a <SHIFT> key?

Your help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

On a US keyboard, the shortcut to turn snapping on and off is the S-key.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a US keyboard, the shortcut to turn snapping on and off is the S-key.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff!

Do you perhaps know where I can find a menu item on this? I guess I might forget this shortcut after a while. But my motor memory will better remember menu items.

Is there also a way to just temporarily disable snapping? When I'm already dragging I wouldn't want to release the mouse when I'm already at the destination position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines