Thank you Harm for responding.
I'll check out that thread you suggested.
I did 8 tests,
For 3 tests, I used PP4.2 and created In/Out Markers of a test section within the final 3rd of the 2 hour source file to export, and set the Work Area bar to match the In/Out Markers.
about 2/3rds thru that export AME would simply disappear, and a big Adobe reporting window would appear saying AME unexpectedly quit, with a space for me to describe as detailed as I could what happened.
For next 2 tests, using PP4 I did simple cut/deletes of sections, leaving some from the 1st 3rd, 2nd 3rd, and final 3rd, to export. Two of those tests worked, but the 3rd test resulted in the Adobe reporting window again.
For test 6 and 7, I added the source file directly in to AME, and set In/Out Markers in the final 3rd of the source file to encode to a new file with the DV/DVCAM codec. Both tests worked.
The 8th test, late late last night, trying the same method, the 'elapsed time' and 'estimated remaining time' clocks simply stopped progressing, but task manager indicated AME was still running. When I clicked on 'stop queue' AME asked if I wished to continue and finish the queue before stopping, I said yes, but it did not progress any further. I waited about 3 more minutes and clicked the stop queue button again and the no button not to finish, and AME froze, - task manager reporting AME 'not responding'.