2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2008 6:41 PM by coolio1002

Dreamweaver MX and 8 Converting...

coolio1002
      Hi,
      I'm a secondary school student learning the basics of Dreamweaver in class. I have gone past that and learned many things on online tutorials (a great tool to use!!!) Anyways at school we use MX and at home I have recently acquired Dreamweaver 8. I wanted to know if it was possible to convert MX files to 8. If that's possible I wanted to know if it was possible to convert from 8 to MX. If so how is this done. If it's not possible is there another way for me to go about my project?
      Thanks so much!!!!!!
        • 1. Re: Dreamweaver MX and 8 Converting...
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional
          Here is the thing. HTML is HTML regardless of the application being used. The changes you need to be careful for are extensions that are used or extra plugins/features that were added to 8 that were not in MX.

The only other thing to mention is about CSS. The rendering within the program may be different in 8 as compared to MX because of the CSS enhancements. This does not mean your page will not look right when it is published to the web. It is just saying that there images may look slightly off if your site relies on CSS.

I believe those are the only things to mention. I'm sure some of the experts around here will be able to give you more details though.
          • 2. Re: Dreamweaver MX and 8 Converting...
            coolio1002 Level 1
            Thanks so much for the help!!! So essentially putting my site from MX to 8 is just as easy as putting 8 to MX. That's because I have no CSS and my site is fairly basic, nothing super special. Alright if I have anymore questions I'll PM you.