5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2010 10:10 AM by Mylenium

AE_OpenGL Error

impfilms22

Hi all,

Just had a quick question about an error I'm getting in After Effects CS4.  I'm importing a Premiere Pro CS4 project into AE and all is well.  I move the composition down to the bottom and when I try to move the time slide it won't render whatever frame I moved the indicator to and gives me this error: "After Effects error: AE_OpenGL: A texture in this composition is too small to render.  Switching to adaptive resolution mode.  (5065 :: 0)" and this one "After Effects error: crash occured while invoking rendering plug-in "AE_OpenGL".

Any ideas on what's causing this and/or how to fix it?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: AE_OpenGL Error
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

That's my blurb on the matter. Since you speak of imported PPro stuff, the solution may not apply, though. What exactly does the Prmeiere stuff include? what's the footage format being used? What's your system? Graphics card? Operating system?

Mylenium

• 2. Re: AE_OpenGL Error
            impfilms22 Level 1

Just .avi, .mp3, .bmp, and a few .gif's.  Nothing too fancy.

These are my computer specs:

Operating system:Windows 2.6.0.6001 (SP 1)

• CPU type:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz
          • CPU Speed (GHz):2.554
          • System memory (GB):3.996
          • Graphics card model:NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M
            • 3. Re: AE_OpenGL Error

Just .avi, .mp3, .bmp, and a few .gif's.  Nothing too fancy.

Well, since GIFs are palette-based, they are fancy in Ae terms. AE needs to fully expand them to normal RGB and in particular GIFs with transparency may cause problems. The same may apply to BMPs in indexed color mode. Try to convert those files to otehr formats, e.g. TIFF and see, if it makes any difference.

Mylenium

• 4. Re: AE_OpenGL Error
                impfilms22 Level 1

Actually already tried converting the .gif's into .bmp with no change.  I don't know if it's completely solved, but I had an instance of Premiere Pro open at the same time and with the same project open as I was editing it in AE.  When I closed it, I didn't get the error any more.  Don't know if it's completely fixed but it certainly helped.

• 5. Re: AE_OpenGL Error

I see. Then you may simply have fallen to a concurrent resource usage issue/ cyclic Dynmaic Link issue. These have been known to happen. Seems to be a bug under some conditions...

Mylenium