• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User interface elements disappear during FMR (AC4)?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(First post ever.) In the application that I'm capturing, when I click and drag (to select a grid of "tiles"), a "banner" that gives info about the selection is not shown in the captured slides. It's just gone. If I click, move the cursor, then click again (another method of selecting a grid of tiles), the banner is shown. Clearly something's up with FMR... but what? I'd like to be able to show the click/drag AND the banner of information. The images are screencaps of the actual created slides. Thanks!

banner.jpgnobanner.jpg

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I'm guessing the "banner" dynamically updates so that as you are dragging you see the numbers increment?

If not, the suggestion would be to fudge it a bit by layering in a transparent Text Caption with an appropriate font to mimic what isn't being captured.

I'm not sure about Captivate, but in Camtasia you often have to enable capturing "layered windows" in order to capture things. Perhaps that's the case here. But I'm unaware of a similar feature setting in Captivate that controls whether these get captured or not.

I'm thinking you should report this to Adobe as a bug!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources