3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 1:36 PM by kglad

Error when adding keyframe

TorQue[MoD] Level 1

Hey all!

So I'm getting a memory error when I try adding a keyframe to a rather large flash file that says "Not enough memory available" but I know I have plenty.

I'm running a 3.0ghz Quad core with 8GB of ram and about 100 gigs of HD space free on every drive (save the one where flash is installed, it has 16gb).

I've increased my virtual memory to 4096 - 8192 on my C drive and to 2048-4096 on the drive flash is installed to so it shouldn't be a page file issue either.

I'm running on a tight deadline to get this website finished and I have no idea how to fix the problem. There are no other apps running in the background.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Error when adding keyframe
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you may have a corrupt fla.

save your current fla to a different directory and with a different name.  then click file/save and compact.  then close your flash ide.

re-start your flash ide and re-open the newly named fla in the new directory.  try adding a new keyframe.

if that works, you can save it back to the original file name in the original directory.

• 2. Re: Error when adding keyframe
            TorQue[MoD] Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

It seems like I have a problem with Flash in general as its crashing a lot lately. I was able to work around the issue by removing the MC, adding the keyframes first and then dropping the MC into the scene.

I have a new problem now, how can I export my Movie Clip as FLV? When I go to the export movie option, it supports many formats (avi, mov, gif etc.) but there is no option to export as FLV.

Any idea how to do this?

• 3. Re: Error when adding keyframe
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you can't.

export as an avi or mov and use media encoder to create an flv from the avi or mov.