1 person found this helpful
Your guess is likely accurate. Unfortunately, once text is broken apart to vectors, the only way to change it is to recreate it as text. Fortunately that is very easy to do, as long as you know the font and size.
thanks.....have sent you a message
I prefer to attempt to help people work through problems on their own before offering to help myself. I stand by the "teach a man to fish..." philosophy.
So, that said, here is a simple method to do what you are looking for:
1. Go into the object that you want to change (go in to where you were able to select the individual letters of the text.
2. Select the Text tool from the tools palette on the left.
3. Click on the Stage to initialize a new text field
4. Type out the words you want
5. Use the Select tool (the black arrow) to move the text field around and position it at approximately the same place as the original text
6. Select and delete the original text
7. Select your text field, and hit Ctrl+B twice to break the text apart into vectors
Repeat this for any text you want to replace.
I did try this or very similar, but did not work, the same text just flew in from the right and left as always.
I'll shoot you my email via private message. Send me the FLA and I'll take a look. Make sure it is compatible with CS3, though. I don't yet have CS4.