3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2010 8:13 PM by Sean_Wilson

How keep the stage as activewindow after opening or entering data into MIAW?

Professor S.

I have an educational app where I am trying to implement a hint system with the h key. Unfortunately, some of the hints tell students to click buttons which open various MIAW. The MIAW then becomes active and my script in the main movie (the stage) can no longer detect the h key (and no further hints appear). I want to keep the stage active, but I can't get it to work.  I tried (the activewindow).modal = the stage   , which partially works.   However, doing this retains the focus on the stage and you can't enter any data into the MIAWs.  I have been trying to figure this out for almost three hours now and am coming to the conclusion that I'm stuck. Can someone please tell me how to return the activewindow property to the stage after opening or entering data into MIAWs? I can test for the activewindow but I can not figure out how to set it.  Manually clicking on the stage of course makes it current, but is there a way to do this automatically in Lingo?  Your help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!