1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2007 11:20 AM by Newsgroup_User

Dreamweaver & Multiple SSI's

mausmalone
      In order to create a robust system using SSI to separate the page into multiple sections, I find that Dreamweaver doesn't support SSI tags in files that have been included. For example, the user includes a "left column" SSI, which in turn includes a logo SSI, has text for a menu, then includes a sidebar SSI. When I view the page in Dreamweaver, I only see the menu.

Unless there's a setting to display nested SSI files, then this is certainly a rendering bug that needs correction.
        • 1. Re: Dreamweaver & Multiple SSI's
          Level 7
          mausmalone,

The good news is that you can do what you want! The bad news is that it
          is not a simple setting change.

Embedding the contents of SSIs into your page is done by a translator,
          so it's extensible. There may already be a DW extension that does this.

Otherwise, take a look at Configuration/Translators/Server Model
          SSI.htm. You'll see that only the first-level of SSIs are read and
          embedded in your page, so you'll need to refactor that code a little bit
          to recursively embed nested SSI contents.

Hope this helps,
          Randy

> In order to create a robust system using SSI to separate the page into multiple
          > sections, I find that Dreamweaver doesn't support SSI tags in files that have
          > been included. For example, the user includes a "left column" SSI, which in
          > turn includes a logo SSI, has text for a menu, then includes a sidebar SSI.
          > When I view the page in Dreamweaver, I only see the menu.
          >
          > Unless there's a setting to display nested SSI files, then this is certainly a
          > rendering bug that needs correction.