1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 9:16 PM by pixlor

Fireworks to Dreamweaver help please.

Mr. Puzzled

I am working in fireworks and having a hard time keeping the images from being fuzzy.  I am working with 75 dpi GIF's on a 150 dpi page layout in Fireworks.  The images get even worse when exported to Dreamweaver (not sure how to control the resolution in Dreamweaver either).  Any ideas on how to make it look crisp when uploaded to the internet?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Fireworks to Dreamweaver help please.
          pixlor Level 4

On the Web, dpi is meaningless. What matters on the Web is the height and width of your image in pixels. Create your layout in FW in pixels, develop your pages and site in Dreamweaver in pixels. You can ignore the dpi setting, or can put it back to the default 72, it really doesn't matter. (Also, I don't think the .gif format has a field in the file header for dpi info....not sure.)

You don't know anything about the screen size, the viewport size, or the resolution of the systems your visitors will be using. The only measurement you can use that means anything for image size and layout is pixels. Fireworks is built for screen/Web work. That's why the Fireworks rulers are in pixels and the values in the info panel, where you can adjust the height, width, and position of elements, are in pixels.

Deeper explanation here: http://www.scantips.com/no72dpi.html