10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2010 5:42 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!

ArkaPro

Hello I have a big project:
      Lots of assets - I also used extensive footage from Premiere Pro and used the amazing dynamic link.

I'm using the Render queue - Lossless preset.
      So I don't think its a problem with conversion codecs etc...
      some composiitons\parts of the project I can export - but some I can't - I think it might have something to do with muti-cores\RAM issues.

what can I do?
      I need to export it back to premiere to do the Music & effects part.
      I tried sending a comp to Premiere but the Apple will just kept on turning endlessly.

Help me please!

My specs:

(Leopard 10.5.7):

CPU: Core i7 920
      RAM: 12gig
      GPU: GTX 285 2GB OC
      HDD: 6 X 1 TB HDDs: 4 HDDs in RAID-0 and 2 HDDs for System.

• 1. Re: Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!
          bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

I know you're in a hurry but you've posed to at least one other forum so we expect you to come back and eventually close all of your threads by supplying us with your solutions--where ever you received them.

You have not provided any tangible information aboutyoru codecs for us to help you decide if that's related at all.

The usual advice to these inquiries is to ask why you waited so long to test your workflows but that doesnt help you out so nevermind.

You probably don't want to export, you want to render. Do you understand the differences? Can't tell from you post.

bogiesan

• 2. Re: Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As David said, you are giving us nothing to work with. If only parts do not render, this would mean that they either use specific effects that cannot work in the environment you chose or a specific kind of source ffotage is making things go belly up.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!
              Impulse Fire Level 1

hmm, i agree with the previous posts. maybe it has something to do with too much data in one composition and try reducing as much as you can until it works. if nothing works try it on another machine, also try checking on/off the multicore rendering in the preferences box, sometimes my AAE gets stuck if its doing multiple.

• 4. Re: Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!
                ArkaPro Level 1

Hey thanks on replying here and on the "Cow" - i'm not sure if its OK to post in two diffrent foums - if thats the xase I'll delete on of the threds.

When I say "export' I mean using the "send to render Queue" - I'm not sure about what you mean "render"

I thought the render is using "the RAM Preview" opiton... ?

Also when I press the "0" (zero key) to Ram preview - it takes a good 10 seconds before it actually starts RAM previewing.

but when I press "spacebar" it immidiatly strats to render.

As I mentioned I used the amazing adobe dynamic link to send footage from PPRO to AE.

I thought maybe thats what is complicating things

So, I tried to close PPRO & AE

Lunch AE again - then "send to QUEUE" - and then the compositions that I had problems with did work.

So its either dynamic link issue - or trouble with RAM - even though I have 12GB...

also when AE lunches it says:

4% out of 3.0GB RAM is used... (???)

is it because Leoprad is and AE CS4 is 32bit - is it normal?

So now I think its working - but a  lot of effects still need to be applied.... - I hope it will work.

(should I post this on the cow too?)

• 5. Re: Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> Hey thanks on replying here and on the "Cow" - i'm not sure if its OK to post in two diffrent foums - if thats the xase I'll delete on of the threds.

If you do cross-post, we ask that you do your best to make sure that you post resolutions to all threads so that people on one thread don't waste their time suggesting things that someone else has on another thread---or even trying to help you after you've already gotten your problem solved. (See this post.)

> When I say "export' I mean using the "send to render Queue" - I'm not sure about what you mean "render"

Definitions are on this page: "Rendering and exporting overview"

> also when AE lunches it says:

4% out of 3.0GB RAM is used... (???)

is it because Leoprad is and AE CS4 is 32bit - is it normal?

Read this: "FAQ: Why doesn't After Effects see and use all of my RAM?"

• 6. Re: Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!
                    ArkaPro Level 1

OK,

Dont delete this thread - because there are a lot of replyes here already -

I will post solutiuons in both websistes - when Ill have the complete solution...

but please don't delete this thread...
                    thanks!

• 7. Re: Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!
                      Todd_Kopriva Level 8
                      > but please don't delete this thread...

Nobody said anything about deleting your thread. We were just informing you of a certain kind of courtesy that is the norm on such forums.

• 8. Re: Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!
                        ArkaPro Level 1

Ya sure thanks - just wanted to make sure.

• 9. Re: Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!
                          ArkaPro Level 1

OK I think I isolated the problem...

First I think theres a dynamic link issue.

So now every time I want to export (render queue) I exit PPRO Exit AE and Relunch AE only - it works...

but only one comp that I use a large composition (for dancing cards effect)

Picture 8.png

I get this error message and it creates a MOV file up until the error frame.

also I get that message when I just move my playhead on that layer...

What do I need to change in the settings for this error to stop?

• 10. Re: Deadline on Monday! and I can't EXPORT!
                            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

That message says pretty much what it seems to say: After Effects is having a hard time creating a large enough block of memory to render that frame.

Try this search, which pulls up some great resources on working past this error.