Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Printing and Distribution

Level 2

Hi,

Can someone please answer the following questions on LiveCycle forms

1. Is there a facility to bulk print forms or print forms individually from a management console?

2. Is there anyway to generate an image version of a submiited form.  When an user fills in the data in a form and submits the form I need to take an image of the form, can this be autogenerated?

Thanks

Arjuna.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

1 - LiveCycle Production Print Supported formats

Input
DataXML and field, record, or page-based ASCII data
Preformatted documentsAFP and PDF
Output
DocumentsAFP, IJPDS, PostScript®, and PCL
LabelsZebra, TEC, Printronix, and Intermec
ElectronicPDF, PDF/A, CSV, HTML, XML, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, GIF, and PNG

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/productionprint/

2 - If you are asking if there is a way to both render and convert the PDF in one step then, yes.  You can create a small workflow in the LiveCycle environment and string together multiple operations.  You would do this using the Workbench tool to connect to the LiveCycle server.  The resulting workflow can be called through the API and will do both steps at once.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

Not sure about a management console, but there are two modules for printing forms.  Output and Production Print.  Which one you use depends on the print run size and some other factors too numerious to discuss here.  The marketing info on the Adobe.com website does a pretty good job of differentiating them.

Yes.  The toImage2 operation (under Common I believe) will convert the PDF to an image.

Level 2

Hi Hodmi,

Thanks for your response,

With regards to question 1, what are the print stream formats that are supported by
Adobe LiveCycle Production Print ES2.

With regards to question 2, is there any way for me to set it up so that it automatically saves an image of the document (doesn't it do this by default) rather than calling an API method?

Thanks

Arjuna.

Correct answer by
Level 8

1 - LiveCycle Production Print Supported formats

Input
DataXML and field, record, or page-based ASCII data
Preformatted documentsAFP and PDF
Output
DocumentsAFP, IJPDS, PostScript®, and PCL
LabelsZebra, TEC, Printronix, and Intermec
ElectronicPDF, PDF/A, CSV, HTML, XML, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, GIF, and PNG

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/productionprint/

2 - If you are asking if there is a way to both render and convert the PDF in one step then, yes.  You can create a small workflow in the LiveCycle environment and string together multiple operations.  You would do this using the Workbench tool to connect to the LiveCycle server.  The resulting workflow can be called through the API and will do both steps at once.