2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2008 6:22 PM by longcreative

Flex and AIR Google Analytics

csartang Level 1
      Hi all,
      I recently made a post about a Flex component I had created called Flex Google Analytics Magic which automatically tracks Flex Application activities without the need for extra coding and sends the info to Google Analytics. Well I just finished another component that allows you to do the same for AIR Apps or any other Flex related application that reside outside of a browser environment such as Zinc or mProjector etc. Check it out at:

http://flexinmotion.com

Also let me know if you have ideas on other components I can be creating that will help Flex coders.

• 1. Flex and AIR Google Analytics
          slaingod Level 1
          If you don't want to spend $200+ dollars, you can pretty easily do this yourself along the lines of what I've done:

(Flexalytics is my custom analytics interface, as I need to interface with Core Metrics, Omniture, Google Analystics and Doubleclick(Googleclick) Spotlight for various clients.) Just give your important buttons/containers an id="something". You can also call this.parentApplication.addActivity('Special', '/something/special') directly.
          • 2. Re: Flex and AIR Google Analytics
            longcreative
            quote:

Originally posted by: slaingod
            If you don't want to spend $200+ dollars, you can pretty easily do this yourself along the lines of what I've done:

(Flexalytics is my custom analytics interface, as I need to interface with Core Metrics, Omniture, Google Analystics and Doubleclick(Googleclick) Spotlight for various clients.) Just give your important buttons/containers an id="something". You can also call this.parentApplication.addActivity('Special', '/something/special') directly.

Awesome. Would you be willing to explain this...or give an example....I'm trying to connect to Omniture.

"To interface with various javascript analytics tools, you can create a method trackUsage(type:String, target:String) in your Application, and do a big if/else if thingy to grab just the events you need to track and send them to the analytics code, or send them all if you like using ExternalInterface.call for most analytics, or new Image(), source="", img.load() for spotlight."