1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2010 7:43 AM by Jim Strenk

What am I doing when double clicking on video clip within the CS4 Program Monitor?

Jim Strenk Level 1

I'm a newbie using the CS4 Trial Version.  I've noticed that if I double click on the video clip within the Program Monitor I get a crosshair and corner markers for some kind of frame.    What is the purpose of this editing feature?  When would I use it?

I've also noticed after rendering a clip most of it is no longer visible.  The clip becomes visually very large and appears to be displaying the clip from the lower left hand side of the clip's image.  What's going on here?  If I double click on the clip I see the crosshair and corner markers.  If I fiddle with that, I can make the entire clip visible, however that same clip within the segment reports it needs rendering again.

How do I render a complete Sequence or clip and still be able to view either the ENTIRE Sequence or Clip within the Program Monitor.

Any tips, suggestions or errata would be most welcomed!

• 1. Re: What am I doing when double clicking on video clip within the CS4 Program Monitor?
          Curt Wrigley Level 4

Jim Strenk wrote:

I'm a newbie using the CS4 Trial Version.  I've noticed that if I double click on the video clip within the Program Monitor I get a crosshair and corner markers for some kind of frame.    What is the purpose of this editing feature?  When would I use it?

I've also noticed after rendering a clip most of it is no longer visible.  The clip becomes visually very large and appears to be displaying the clip from the lower left hand side of the clip's image.  What's going on here?  If I double click on the clip I see the crosshair and corner markers.  If I fiddle with that, I can make the entire clip visible, however that same clip within the segment reports it needs rendering again.

How do I render a complete Sequence or clip and still be able to view either the ENTIRE Sequence or Clip within the Program Monitor.

Any tips, suggestions or errata would be most welcomed!

Double clicking the clip in the program monitor allows you to resize and move the clip within the frame with a mouse.  It can also be done with the motion controls.

If your lip is aging e after redring, its likely your sequence preset does not match your footage.

If clips are vanishing, its possible they are an MPG version which is disables in the trial.  Unfortunate;y the trial is severely crippled and Adobe does not notify you of that.