1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2010 9:15 AM by RossRitchey

Playing MOV in Flash

tltagami Level 1

I am working on developing a lesson with RapidIntake Unison. They only have the ability right now to play/stream FLV files. I need to stream an MOV file. I don't have the ability to convert the MOV. It has to stream as an MOV. I have attached the source files. If you would like to see other referenced files, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Playing MOV in Flash
          RossRitchey Level 4

I'm not sure what you are asking, your post seems to be more of a statement.

It seems that you are looking to create a SWF that you can post in the RI course that allows you to display a MOV?

If so, simply make sure that the SWF is published for player 9,0,124 or newer, make sure the MOV is encoded using H.264, and simply set the source of the FLVPlayback component to the MOV.

Or, alternatively, you can convert the MOV to FLV.  Flash comes with an FLV encoder software by default.  If you go into the Program Files area of your computer, and then into the Adobe area, you will find the Adobe Media Encoder, which allows you to convert videos to FLV.  If you don't have access to this, you can use www.media-convert.com to convert almost any file type to almost any other file type for free.