1 2 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 12:03 AM by Cris is Bliss

CS5 Wish List

tclark513 Level 3

Now that we have the ears of an Adobe Rep (Dennis) I think it would be nice to let him see some of our needs and maybe get some feedback...

I'm sure all the features are locked but I think it would still be interesting to hear some of the customer concerns...

1.  Garbage mattes that feather

2.  Better still image performance (although MPE might fix this)

3.  HDV capture preview

Just to get started...

• 1. Re: CS5 Wish List
          schlossd Level 1

Dear CS5 Santa please bring me...

some more cooler transitions

better frame capture

that nice checker lady that dad was told not to talk too

Little Danny

• 2. Re: CS5 Wish List
            MarkWeiss Level 1

I'd simply like to see a level of application performance that makes it useful. CS4 was an utter disaster. We had to roll back to CS3 and that's where we're staying, since it works, is reasonably stable, and plays back without constantly freezing every two seconds. Give us speed, stability, 64-bit code throughout and clean up the fat and waste in the code.

Now, once you guys get that nailed down, animated titles capability would be interesting. Having complex title designs with animated elements within a title, specifically.

Support for all the XDCam lines, as well as RED Code would be greatly appreciated too.

• 3. Re: CS5 Wish List
              dradeke Adobe Employee

Oi, this could get out of control quickly....

In general feature requests really should be logged here - https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

1.  Garbage mattes that feather

2.  Better still image performance (although MPE might fix this)

3.  HDV capture preview

Just to get started...

With you on all three of these.  I believe #2 would/will be addressed by MPE

• 4. Re: CS5 Wish List
                dradeke Adobe Employee

schlossd wrote:

Dear CS5 Santa please bring me...

some more cooler transitions

better frame capture

that nice checker lady that dad was told not to talk too

Little Danny

Dear Little Danny,

1. I like that one - submit a request and provide some specifics
                2. yes
                3. No comment. ;-)

Santa

• 5. Re: CS5 Wish List
                  dradeke Adobe Employee

MarkWeiss wrote:

I'd simply like to see a level of application performance that makes it useful. CS4 was an utter disaster. We had to roll back to CS3 and that's where we're staying, since it works, is reasonably stable, and plays back without constantly freezing every two seconds. Give us speed, stability, 64-bit code throughout and clean up the fat and waste in the code.

I think that a 64 bit os with appropriate amounts of RAM have made CS4 what you want it to be.

MarkWeiss wrote:

Support for all the XDCam lines, as well as RED Code would be greatly appreciated too.

What are we missing?

• 6. Re: CS5 Wish List
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

XDCAM 50 Mbps.

• 7. Re: CS5 Wish List
                      Powered by Design Level 4

I would like to be able to have premiere analyze my footage and tell me what the best preset is or create one for me.

it should also analyze footage and say if it needs to be converted before editing and what would be the best format.

you never know what type of video you are handed by a client.

Its all good if you only shoot your own stuff.

I just wish Christmas was here now.

I would like CS5 to be at CES 2010

That way any bugs could be worked out before I get my new computer.

All for now:  Glenn

• 8. Re: CS5 Wish List
                        blairhartley Level 1

How about an installer and update system that never again requires CleanScript to be run 3 or 4 times, copes with and cleans up after demo installs, neatly side-steps any problems with previous versions - and just works!  (You know, just like a professional piece of software )

• 9. Re: CS5 Wish List
                          tclark513 Level 3

blairhartley wrote:

How about an installer and update system that never again requires CleanScript to be run 3 or 4 times, copes with and cleans up after demo installs, neatly side-steps any problems with previous versions - and just works!  (You know, just like a professional piece of software )

No offense but this thread is not intended to take jabs at the software!  It is more for Dennis to see some of the needs out there.

Thanks!

• 10. Re: CS5 Wish List
                            Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

How about an installer and update system that never again requires CleanScript to be run 3 or 4 times, copes with and cleans up after demo installs, neatly side-steps any problems with previous versions - and just works!  (You know, just like a professional piece of software)

You mean like Microsoft Office?

j/k.  I'd like this very much as well.

-Jeff

• 11. Re: CS5 Wish List

this thread is not intended to take jabs at the software!

I don't consider the post a jab at the software.  Making installation easier and more reliable, and uninstallation more thorough and complete is a legitimate FR.

-Jeff

• 12. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                Powered by Design Level 4

I would like them to raise the minimum requirement to run the software.

we all know it takes more then what they list.

even give some ideas to make a power computer just for premiere

GLenn

• 13. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                  tclark513 Level 3

Jeff Bellune wrote:

this thread is not intended to take jabs at the software!

I don't consider the post a jab at the software.  Making installation easier and more reliable, and uninstallation more thorough and complete is a legitimate FR.

-Jeff

I guess you didn't read the part where he says "You know, just like a professional piece of software"

• 14. Re: CS5 Wish List

I guess you didn't read the part where he says "You know, just like a professional piece of software"

And I guess you didn't notice his "smiley', nor did you read my post #10.

-Jeff

• 15. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                      Bob Ramage Level 1

My two biggest requests were for a true 64 bit version of the program and greatly enhanced utilization of the power of modern GPUs. Looks like both will be be coming in CS5. In addition, I'd like to see:

1. Masking with bezier curves and feathering

2. Compatibility between PPro multicam sequences and After Effects (AE doesn't interpret multicam sequences correctly)

3. All Windows features fully implemented in Mac OS version

4. More intuitive and faster track selection and targeting with pre-assigned keyboard shortcuts

5. Implementation of options for multi-core rendering in the AME, modelled on the fast and effective method used in After Effects

• 16. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                        RDA972 Level 3

In the Sneak Preview video, I saw presets for XDCAM 4.2.2 (50 Mbps). This bodes well for the future.

• 17. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                          MediaMind2 Level 1

I have not upgraded to CS4...but have been enjoying a fairly stable CS3 for awhile!.   Looking forward to some performance/stability gains in CS5.

One thing that I'd like to see (and I think was a big miss on CS3) is incorporating "Time Remapping" as it is in After Effects.  The version of TR in PPro is klunky and a pain to use...also doesn't transfer to AE (at least in CS3).

I tend to do all my cuts/speed/timing work in PPro and finish in AE...so being able to do TR that transfers over would be HUGE...something I submitted on Adobe's feature request since way back when.

And I realize there's timewarp...but it's too CPU intensive for quick work.

Anyone else TR "junkies" in AE??

• 18. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                            Terrachild Level 1

I would like CS5 to make very creative edits for me, so I can sit back and eat Cheerios while my projects build themselves.

Now I realize that this would require a rewrite of the code, so I'm willing to wait until CS6 comes out.  Maybe you could call it "CS6 Artificial Intelligence Edition."

I know you smarty-pants at Adobe could pull this off if you really wanted to.  So I suggest we all skip CS5 and wait for CS6 to come out.  Just to provide a little motivation for the suits upstairs.

• 19. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                              kohns

As hobbyist (not earning any money with video editing) I hope CS5 is not comming out too soon... I just spent 1000$ 2 weeks ago to get PPro CS4...

My wife almost killed me.  So I hope you are still going to improve CS4 for a while.

My whishlist:

- stable editing software

- better (audio) noise reduction filters  (in the product not through 3rd party soundbooth or ... )

- better HD to SD conversion

- feature like HDVSPLIT

- a cleanup/tweaking tool :

that assist you with setup (for best performance), auto defrags, cleanup...

• 20. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                shooternz Level 6
                                                As hobbyist (not earning any money with video editing) I hope CS5 is not comming out too soon... I just spent 1000$ 2 weeks ago to get PPro CS4...

As a hobbyist.. its not going to affect you much because you do not need to go to CS5.   Many pros need the features promised (particularly 64 bit) so we are hoping it comes sooner rather than later.  Many of us wil be hardware upgrading at the same time so its a significant development.

BTW: CS2, CS3 and CS4 have been very stable for me and many others in a professional environment.

• 21. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                  schlossd Level 1

Ok you guys are missing the whole point.  I asked for the nice checker Dad was not suppose to talk too.  Is this so hard?  Come on Adobe they tell me you created FCP and Avid, along with the Space Shuttle and whipped cream you can take all these suggestions, send em to the boyz in R&D who will contact the boyz in programing and wha-la CS24!  I'm not sure but I think my post might be delet..........

• 22. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                    D&R Films Level 1

Terrachild wrote:

I would like CS5 to make very creative edits for me, so I can sit back and eat Cheerios while my projects build themselves.

Now I realize that this would require a rewrite of the code, so I'm willing to wait until CS6 comes out.  Maybe you could call it "CS6 Artificial Intelligence Edition."

I know you smarty-pants at Adobe could pull this off if you really wanted to.  So I suggest we all skip CS5 and wait for CS6 to come out.  Just to provide a little motivation for the suits upstairs.

I'd like CS6 AE to automatically compost for me too... and do all the cool tricks the kids love like that Avatar stuff with flying ships in 3D space... 'cmon Adobe get in gear! We need CS6 so we can be cool!

Like this:

Photoshop CS6 should be able to do this with a simple action.. hehe

• 23. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                      kohns Level 1

shooternz wrote:

As a hobbyist.. its not going to affect you much because you do not need to go to CS5.   Many pros need the features promised (particularly 64 bit) so we are hoping it comes sooner rather than later.  Many of us wil be hardware upgrading at the same time so its a significant development.

b

BTW: CS2, CS3 and CS4 have been very stable for me and many others in a professional environment.

Excuse me... I paid as much as a professional editor... euh actually more because you:

1. don't pay 21% VAT at purchase
                                                      2. you can deduct it x couple of years from your taxes
                                                      3. you earn money with it.

Same for paying an upgrade from CS4 to CS5... it is just harder to put the money on the table for a hobbyist.

(Would it not be a revolutionary feature/update if they would make it cheaper for consumers than for professionals )

But I assume that is not what you ment to say.

I just hope they continue fixing, updating and adding features to CS4 for a while as it can never be stable enough.

And yes I would like to have 64-bit too... why shouldn't I,  I have a win7 pro 64 system.

Sorry for poluting this topic... I will now leave you all add your whishes for CS5.

• 24. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                        tclark513 Level 3

I just hope they continue fixing, updating and adding features to CS4 for a while as it can never be stable enough.

I really don't think that is going to happen.

• 25. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                          ReneLaan

Hi,

My main whishes for CS5:

1) Better performance in multicam editting with regards to the sound. Video is no problem but the sound makes it unworkable unless you do special things

2) Make it possible to configure where Media Encoder stores its work files. If you do an export of a multicam edit, the encoder first encodes a lot of things in the folder c:\Document end settings\temp\Adobe\preview file (or something like that). These files can get up to numerous GB, depending on how many nested timelines you use and of course the length of the edit. Only when that is done, the real export starts. I think that most people have a limited disk space on their system drive and export simply stops without explanation if the disk is full. I solved it by changing the windows system variable to point to a work HD with a lot of space but now all the window temp files are on that disk.

• 26. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

For CS5, I'd like to see the return of Add to Project, for the still frame Export. It could default either way (for me), but would like to see it back.

Stability, and no need for rushed "patches," would be nice, but then as Craig says, stability has been pretty good, if one overlooks the earliest iterations of CS4.

I'd like to see closer working between Adobe and SmartSound, so that PrPro could get a Sonicfire plug-in, like FCP has. Maybe with CS6? Along these lines, I'd also like to see full flexibility with SmartSound pieces, so that one could dynamically change the Duration on the Timeline, as has been possible in Pinnacle Studio for years. I do realize that this is a combined effort, and have expressed the same opinion to the president of SmartSound too. With more direct interaction between the two companies, things could be much better.

I'd like to see Titler enhanced a bit, with maybe spellcheck added (I'll buy all the add-on dictionaries).

I'd like to see closer working with PS and PrPro on the .PRTL format, so that I could work on Titles, going in either direction - more X-app interaction.

OK, that's it for now, but I'm sure that I'll have other items later on.

Hunt

• 27. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                              KamilekPOL Level 1

My wishes is:

1.Come back Navigator Windows like in premiere pro 6 Great stuff

2.AUDIO.When we relink and delete audio track of footage on timeline, is no to possible back audio to footage.So i want one button that do this

3.Fast image export - one button like in CS3

• 28. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                                Harm Millaard Level 7

Since every new version takes far more space than the previous version  and gets more bloated than the previous version, I would like the installer to offer the possibility to select encoding options and formats, so my system will not get bogged down by ludicrous formats for YouTube, iPod and other nonsense formats. It also would be nice to leave out all the license agreements in languages that are not installed, like Armenian, Afghan, Turkish, and so on, to save space.  It would be simple to limit the various language versions to the installed language and the languages selected in the regional settings. That would save a lot of time in manually deleting them.

I would like to remove the transscription from the program since it does not work and likely never will. I repeat I would like to have render farm capabilities added to PR and AME, like in AE, but improved for much better performance.

Other improvements will likely pop to mind, but this is a starter.

• 29. Re: CS5 Wish List

Since every new version takes far more space than the previous version and gets more bloated than the previous version, I would like the installer to offer the possibility to select encoding options and formats, so my system will not get bogged down by ludicrous formats for YouTube, iPod and other nonsense formats. It also would be nice to leave out all the license agreements in languages that are not installed, like Armenian, Afghan, Turkish, and so on, to save space.

Disk space is cheap.  Buy more.

(Sorry, Harm.  I couldn't resist.)

-Jeff

• 30. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                                    tclark513 Level 3

KamilekPOL wrote:

My wishes is:

1.Come back Navigator Windows like in premiere pro 6 Great stuff

2.AUDIO.When we relink and delete audio track of footage on timeline, is no to possible back audio to footage.So i want one button that do this

3.Fast image export - one button like in CS3

#2 would really be nice...

• 31. Re: CS5 Wish List
                                                                      Harm Millaard Level 7

Jeff,

I'm really limited now, unless I start using 19" racks. I cannot fit in more than:

12 x 4 = 48 2.5" SSD's/disks plus 3 3.5"disks, or 20 3.5" disks plus 2 BR burners internally, so I have to be careful with the junk installed, otherwise I run out of space. I mean with only 40 TB of internal space max, you have to be careful, you know...

• 32. Re: CS5 Wish List