3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2010 3:14 PM by Ferguda123

Beta 2 Object Limits?

sponcedeleon

When trying to import a file from AI, I got the following message:

"The design file you have selected has too many objects to import into this beta version of Adobe Flash Catalyst.Please consider rasterizing complex groups or layers, then try importing it again."

What is the limit amount? Will this increase with beta 3? Or full release?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Beta 2 Object Limits?
          sponcedeleon Level 1

anyone??

• 2. Re: Beta 2 Object Limits?
            acath Level 4

Hi Sponce,

The maximum number of objects when importing in Beta 2 is 6500. No word yet on whether this will change in future versions.

I know that these limits are anooying, but keep in mind that the more objects you have, the larger and slower your final SWF will be. It's not just a question of what Catalyst will do - it's also a question of your end-user experience.

-Adam

• 3. Not allowing import of Ai project
              Ferguda123

I am trying to open my first AI project in Flash Catalyst but it is not being friendly to me (or I too it evidently)

I am getting the following error message when trying to open the Ai from Catalyst...

"The design file you have selected has too many objects to import to Adobe Flash Catalyst"

It then tells me I should flatten some layers.

I can't see this being the case because I only have 25 total layers comprising of:

2 simple rectangle paths w/gradient

2 arrow symbols

2 Jpegs

19 text layers

I'm on a running Snow leopard on a Mac Pro.

-Daniel