1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2010 11:45 AM by Jeff Royster

Is wiggle limited in its use with plugins?

Jeff Royster

i have a city skyline that i have done some color compositing to. The last layer is the clip with a pencil sketch filter. I am not sure if this will be the last filter but it looks good now.

As you guys may know the pencil sketch has some brush parameters. I want to apply the wiggle animator to the length and direction to get a phony cartoon rain look. My idea is that if the length and direction is animated it will give me the effect of rain.

I can not figure out how to apply the wiggle effect to the desired parameters.

Screen shot 2010-01-09 at 2.36.59 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-01-09 at 2.44.44 PM.png

• 1. Re: Is wiggle limited in its use with plugins?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Please be more specific when asking such questions. You cannot simply assume that users reading your posts would know that you are refering to a third-party effect from Boris Continuum. Even I had to look it up. I cannot answer your question directly since I don't use BCC, but from looking at the controls I would say this is not how it is supposed to work. The animation controls seem to modify the internal random seed, not the offset and wiggling any length parameters would rather make it look like it's pumping. for your purposes you may want to look into other techniques. A simple one would be to have a Fractal Noise layer on top with ramped up contrast and the scale set so as to produce small streaks. By rotating the layer or applying the Transform effect (Skew) it could be made to appear at the desired angle. You coulkd then animate the noise's evolution or offset parameters to make the rain move. Using blending modes like Add, Overlay and Multiply it could be made to interact with the layer below. You may just need to tweak the sketch effects timing so it syncs with the rate of rain. Similar techniques can be implemented with other noises and directional blur for instance. also do not forget, that you have CC Rain and other particle tools already at hand that could produce the effect. you just must get away from the notion of trying to do it all with one layer and an instant plug-in effect....

Mylenium