4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2006 9:47 PM by johnnystorm0

Transfering licence from Mac to PC

Level 7
      Hi Everyone,

It is my understanding that Macromedia allows the transfer of licenced
      software from a Mac to a PC (& vice-versa). How do I do this please?

I've done a quick search on this forum and only came up with displaying
      licences on splash screens, and I did a more in depth search of the help on
      the Adobe web site, but didn't come up with anything that helped me much.
      Can anyone set me in the right direction please?

Thanks,

Bruce

• 1. Re: Transfering licence from Mac to PC
          Level 7
          > It is my understanding that Macromedia allows the transfer of licenced
          > software from a Mac to a PC (& vice-versa). How do I do this please?

I'm reasonably sure you're wrong about this. You can transfer from
          machine to machine as long as they are the same platform, but AFAIK you
          cannot transfer a licence between platforms. What makes you think this
          is possible - can you point to documentation or the like that suggests this?
          • 2. Re: Transfering licence from Mac to PC
            Level 7
            >> It is my understanding that Macromedia allows the transfer of licenced
            >> software from a Mac to a PC (& vice-versa). How do I do this please?
            >
            > I'm reasonably sure you're wrong about this. You can transfer from machine
            > to machine as long as they are the same platform, but AFAIK you cannot
            > transfer a licence between platforms. What makes you think this is
            > possible - can you point to documentation or the like that suggests this?

Hi Sean,

No, I can't point to documentation, but I thought that I had heard that this
            was the case in the Dreamweaver forum.

Thanks,

Bruce

• 3. Re: Transfering licence from Mac to PC
              Level 7
              > No, I can't point to documentation, but I thought that I had heard that this
              > was the case in the Dreamweaver forum.

It may be so for Dreamweaver, but again, I'm pretty sure it *isn't* for
              Director. Even though you _are_ permitted to licence it on 2 different
              machines, they both have to be the same platform.
              • 4. Re: Transfering licence from Mac to PC
                johnnystorm0
                Not possible, I tried. I even talked to Macromedia customer support. You can use serial on one desktop and one laptop of the same os.