6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 2:53 AM by voloap

bridge/templates not working. should i reinstall ?

voloap Level 1

so ya .. when i click the command to open existing templates, or the view from bridge, nothing happens. . . was wondering if i did anything wrong. or if i should reinstall.

btw i am on cs4 , imac 3.06 GHz intel core 2 duo, 2gb ram. NOT snow leopard

• 1. Re: bridge/templates not working. should i reinstall ?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Hard to tell. Does Bridge run on its own? Did you install everything in the default locations? When you attempt to browse, is there activity in activity monitor?

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: bridge/templates not working. should i reinstall ?
            voloap Level 1

im quite new to ae.. so pls excuse my ignorance , but is bridge supposed to be another program or something? when i click both BROWSE AND BRIDGE or BROWSE TEMPLATE PROJECT, nothing happens. cant even browse...but all other commands under file menu are working. just these 2...

• 3. Re: bridge/templates not working. should i reinstall ?

Bridge is the shared content viewer application for Adobe apps. It should also be installed in a separate directory in your Applications folder and have a reddisch-brown folder and program icon. try to launch it alone and let us know if this works. If it doesn't, you may have a problem outside of AE.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: bridge/templates not working. should i reinstall ?
                voloap Level 1

does Bridge come with the AE cs4 package? tried searching my app folder, no sign of bridge... was i supposed to install that first?

• 5. Re: bridge/templates not working. should i reinstall ?

Bridge should be installed by each and any program that is able to use it, which, by and large includes not only Photoshop and Illustrator, but also Encore, AE, Premiere and Soundbooth. So the program not being there probably means something went wrong with your install. In that case I'm afraid only a re-install can fix things, but that may mean to get rid of each and everything Adobe, including older program versions and tools like Acrobat, Adobe AIR, Adobe Media Player.... Use the uninstallers in Library:Application Support:Adobe:Installers:Uninstall to remove the apps cleanly (don't forget to manage activations!), then use the CS3 and CS4 Clean Scripts, respectively, depending on what apps already may be on your system. After that re-install. If the AE triel is the only Adobe profgram on your system, skip the uninstall, use the clean script right away. When reinstalling, it may be smart to use a Custom install and only choose the components you really need and want to try out. Adobe AIR/ Acrobat.com has been known to get in the way sometimes...

Mylenium

• 6. Re: bridge/templates not working. should i reinstall ?
                    voloap Level 1

i may have discovered the problem but im no so sure, just guessing here, but right now i am reinstalling , i checked all programs that come with the ae package and all say "recommended by adobe after effects cs4" but under adobe bridge it says "recommends adobe extension manager cs4 & adobe extendscript toolkit cs4". could this be my problem? was i supposed to instal these programs first?