5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2010 10:08 AM by acath

Beta1

ianben Level 1

I need to access some Beta 1 Catalyst files - students work needs marking (the didn't publish them, the little dear

s). My  Beta 1 has got a serial number exppired message. I have tried the Adobe

licence recovery prog. but no joy.

Any ideas anybody? I need to get this work marked by end of day on the 11th Jan.

Please let somebody have an answer

Ian

• 1. Re: Beta1
          acath Level 4

Hi Ian,

Flash Builder can open any FXPs, including old ones. You should install Flash Builder Beta 2, then import the projects. However, the projects may not compile due to changes in the Flex framework between Beta 1 and Beta 2. You'll have to fix up the code yourself.

I'll also ask our licensing guys if there's any way around the timeout.

-Adam

• 2. Re: Beta1
            ianben Level 1

That's very kind of you - thanks

Regards

Ian

Ian Bennett,

Department of English, Communication, Film and Media,

Anglia Ruskin University,

East Road,

Cambridge CB1 1PT.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s)

only and may be privileged. If they have come to you in error you must take

no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone: please

reply to this e-mail to highlight the error and then immediately delete the

e-mail from your system.

Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily

represent the views or opinions of Anglia Ruskin University.

• 3. Re: Beta1
              acath Level 4

Hi Ian,

You might be able to continue to use Beta 1 if you roll back your system clock to just after you installed it. However, this is really not supported, so I don't know how this might effect other software on your system. Other software that has a timeout might try to detect that you've tampered with your system clock and immediately end the trial.

Otherwise, you can open it in Flash Builder. Good luck.

-Adam

• 4. Re: Beta1
                ianben Level 1

Hi Adam,

Thanks for that, I have got around it now by marking the Photoshop files and

requesting we update to Beta 2 asap.

Do you have any dates yet for the release version as this piece of software

has revolutionized my teaching of Internet Communications?

Regards

Ian

Ian Bennett,

Department of English, Communication, Film and Media,

Anglia Ruskin University,

East Road,

Cambridge CB1 1PT.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s)

only and may be privileged. If they have come to you in error you must take

no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone: please

reply to this e-mail to highlight the error and then immediately delete the

e-mail from your system.

Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily

represent the views or opinions of Anglia Ruskin University.

• 5. Re: Beta1
                  acath Level 4

Hi Ian,

Glad to hear that Catalyst is having such a positive impact. Unfortunately, I can't say anything about release dates at this time.

-Adam