2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2008 6:46 PM by JimiHendrixExp

CFC Not Getting Custom Class Information

JimiHendrixExp
      Hello, I am sorta a newbie to CF/Flex so forgive me for the stupid question I'm about to ask as I am sure there is a simple solution, however, after about 6 hours trying to figure this out I really think I need some help.

Anyway, I created a custom CFC class MHMouse (The little furry creature, not the desktop variety). (see attached code)

In my flex code I have a private function (createNewMouse) that calls the createMouse function in the MouseService CFC. This function creates an instance of the mouseDAO method and passes the MHMouse variable to the create function in the MouseDAO CFC which inserts the data into the correct table in the DB.

Here is the error I get and if I remove STRAIN, I just get an error for the next variable

(mx.rpc::Fault)#0
      errorID = 0
      faultCode = "Server.Processing"
      faultDetail = ""
      faultString = "Unable to invoke CFC - Variable STRAIN is undefined."
      message = "faultCode:Server.Processing faultString:'Unable to invoke CFC - Variable STRAIN is undefined.' faultDetail:''"
      name = "Error"
      rootCause = (null)

Some details about my setup and what I have tried so far:
      My project is setup under C:\...\Documents\Flex Builder 3\MH5.6 (this is where my MHMouse.as class is located)

My cfc folder is located C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\cfc

I have verified that my .as class and flex class is using the the correct uppercase and lowercase definations (i.e., source="cfc.MouseService")

I have checked and verifed both the db and CFC that I don't have the attribute where it can't accept a null value

I have tried combining all of my cfcs and .as class together in the same directory

I created the .as class by right-clicking on the CFC in flex builder and "CF Wizard - Create AS Class"

I've considered tossing my laptop across the room but wasen't sure if that would help :-o

Thanks for the help in advance!
        • 1. Re: CFC Not Getting Custom Class Information
          JimiHendrixExp Level 1

My project is setup under C:\...\Documents\Flex Builder 3\MH5.6 (this is where my MHMouse.as class is located)

I have verified that my .as class and flex class is using the the correct uppercase and lowercase definations (i.e., source="cfc.MouseService")

I have checked and verifed both the db and CFC that I don't have the attribute where it can't accept a null value

I have tried combining all of my cfcs and .as class together in the same directory

I created the .as class by right-clicking on the CFC in flex builder and "CF Wizard - Create AS Class"

I've considered tossing my laptop across the room but wasen't sure if that would help :-o
          • 2. Re: CFC Not Getting Custom Class Information
            JimiHendrixExp Level 1
            Try this again without bullets