2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2010 5:37 PM by erin.h

Can't select 'open in camera raw...' in Bridge

erin.h

I have CS3 and I just recently updated my camera raw plug-in to 4.2.  Updates have allowed me to see my CR2 files (instead of an icon) ; which was a problem before.  But now I can't select the 'open in camera raw...' function in Bridge.  The function is still listed in my 'file' menu, however it's grayed out and cannot be selected.  I'm hoping this has something to do with a setting, or at least an easy fix.  Any help or guidance on this would be extremely helpful!  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Can't select 'open in camera raw...' in Bridge
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

erin.h wrote:

I have CS3 and I just recently updated my camera raw plug-in to 4.2.

Camera Raw 4.2? The current version is 4.6.

If you can't access the Camera Raw command from Bridge with raw files, the odds are you didn't install it correctly...since you don't bother to state your OS, we can't really help you with WHERE to place Camera Raw (and only ONE version of Camera Raw) but you should go back and double check it's in the correct place for your OS.

• 2. Re: Can't select 'open in camera raw...' in Bridge
            erin.h Level 1

Ok.  Sorry, clearly you can see why I need help.  My version of the camera raw plug in is

4.6.0.30.  Is that the most recent version?  I think it should be b/c there are no current updates available when I check on Photoshop.  My OS is Mac OS X version 10.6.2.  Hopefully now we can figure out why I can't select 'open in camera raw' in Bridge.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!