2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2008 3:41 PM by katestrackshack

Animation works in Fireworks but not Dreamweaver

katestrackshack
      I'm helping a friend with a website. She's made an animation using Fireworks and it works fine in Fireworks, but when she tries to use it in Dreamweaver it won't work. Is she not importing it correctly into Dreamweaver from Fireworks? I'm not very familiar with Fireworks, but do use Dreamweaver. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Animation works in Fireworks but not Dreamweaver
          JoeDaSilva Level 4
          Are you exporting as an animated gif? You'll need to go to FILE -> IMAGE PREVIEW and select "animated gif" from the drop down on the left.

Try to preview the gif then in Internet Explorer, if it works there then you should be in good shape.
          • 2. Re: Animation works in Fireworks but not Dreamweaver
            katestrackshack Level 1
            Hi!

She tried it and it worked great!!! I will also be checking out your blog!

One other question. She has a .wav file that she is using to go along with a graphic. It's a .wav file that she found on-line and it just runs for a few seconds. She needs it to run along with a marquee that she has going across the screen. Is there a way to have it play for the exact time the text on the marquee runs for? I know in programs like PowerPoint you can specify a time to run your slide. Does Dreamweaver have something like that in the Attributes tab or somewhere else that we haven't looked?

Thanks again!