3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 5:29 AM by Ned Murphy

Strange progress bar

I'm having this strange problem with the progress bar in the gallery section of my site. I made the site on flash.

Go to the English section and click any image. you'll see the progress bar not working but wait a bit untill the gallery loads. There's no close button but if move your mouse pointer to the up right corner it's there, click it. Now click on the same image and you'll notice that now the progress bar and close button works fine.Anyone got a clue?

It's weird because when i publish the site and test it on my computer it works fine. But when i upload the files to the server this happens.

Thanks for your time
        • 1. Re: Strange progress bar
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

The site showed up correctly for me. I saw no problem with any of the pieces in the Portfolio section. I was using Firefox 3.5.7 on a Mac running OS X 10.5.8 . One other problem is that you have your Scale option set to no border and so the there is no scroll bar. On a small browser window, you can't see the whole site space.

• 2. Re: Strange progress bar
            MyMindDances Level 1

Thanks you. Yes, i've reached the conclusion that the problem only happens in certain web browsers. I've installed firefox and it works fine. But on certain versions of IE it doesn't. The scale, border will be corrected. It was only a test file.

So what should i do for it to work on all browsers?

• 3. Re: Strange progress bar
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I checked it on IE8 and it appears to work fine. Though if a choose an image a second time, the progress bar just flashes as complete since the file is already loaded into the cache.