1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 8:07 AM by able123

Failed Export - HELP!

Rejfly

Source File is a 1280 x 996 (29.97, square pixels) wmv file created through Go To Webinar, which I then edited in Premiere Pro CS3 (on a Dell laptop).

Project is 720 x 480,"Fit", 29.97, square pixels.

Original audio was poor quality and contained re-takes, so I used "render and replace" to edit audio in SoundBooth (CS3).

Edit divides the source file into two parts. Part one of the edit is about 40 minutes, Part 2 is roughly 20 minutes.

Edit is pretty basic, some crossfades, a handful of extra images, etc.

I have been able to render the project within Premiere. However, for some reason, I cannot seem to get it to export the project without crashing.

It gets about 60% through, then crashes. I've attempted to fix the frames where the crash occurs, but it seems to be inconsistent. I fix one, and then it crashes at another frame the next time.

Export settings are 720 x 480, fit, 29.97, square pixels, Video - "constant", 2 passes, Image Quality max, Maximum bitrate 256 (though I have tried higher as well, and that also crashed). Audio - "constant", 2 passes, 48 stereo CBR.

I have tried exporting a variety of ways, including Export - Movie - Quicktime. 

Desired file format is wmv or other You-Tube compatible format.

Thoughts??

Need solution ASAP.

• 1. Re: Failed Export - HELP!
          Level 4

HI,

Boy, that must be a pretty big file ...60 minute film

You said....

>>>>>>>>>

It gets about 60% through, then crashes. I've attempted to fix the frames where the crash occurs, but it seems to be inconsistent. I fix one, and then it crashes at another frame the next time.

<<<<<<<<<

What do you do to fix the frame ???

There is a program called GSPOT...free....that can tell you more about the video and audio file you are working with.... And maybe it would help to know to use that program and tell people here more about the file you are working with in Premiere....It sounds like you already tried a few things to export the file, so I doubt just guessing about those settings will be much help to you.  Maybe GSPOT can give more information about the file.

And ...I'm just curious....you do have a big enough hard drive to handle a large exported file on your laptop ??

Rod