2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2010 12:32 PM by Hodmi

Creating PDF Portfolio  in ES2.

PraveenKumar D Level 1

Hi  ,

I have created DDX  file and  previewed the same in Assembler Descripter   editor , am  able to create PDF portfolio  and save it  into local system.

The DDX  :

<DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/">
        <PDF result="Untitled 1">
            <Navigator source="mysrc"/>
            <ColorScheme scheme="pinkScheme"/>
            <PDF source="sourcePDF1"/>
            <PDF source="sourcePDF2"/>
        <?ddx-source-hint name="mysrc"?>
        <?ddx-source-hint name="sourcePDF1"?>
        <?ddx-source-hint name="sourcePDF2"?>

Used above DDX  file to genarate  the PDF Portfolio thru Activity  "AssemblerService -  Invoke DDX ", I  hope I genarated the PDF Portfolio, but i  don't know how to   retrive  the  PDF portfolio from AssemblerResult output Variable.

I  got same log files in both  cases ....So  assuming  that Process created PDF Portfolio.

But I dont know how to  get the PDF portfolio from AssemblerResult and store into local system.

Please help  me to get PDF Portfolio from AssemblerRequest  output variable.

Attached AssemblerResult as attachment.

• 1. Re: Creating PDF Portfolio  in ES2.
          AnkitY Level 2

Please try this xpath "/process_data/assemblerResult/object/documents[1]". Assign this to a local document variable.

Since AssemblerResult/object/documents is a map of successful documents from the DDX job. Another approach could be to use get-map-values-for-keys function.

• 2. Re: Creating PDF Portfolio  in ES2.
            Hodmi Level 4

I've always done it in a two step process (done all in one setValue operation):

1 - assign the resulting documents to a Map[document] object using the xpath:

/process_data/myMap =   /process_data/assemblerResult/object/documents

2 - get the correct response from the map.  The map's key name will be the same as is in your DDX's result tag.  In your case "Untitled 1"

/process_data/@myDoc = /process_data/myMap[@id="Untitled 1"]

With ES2 you can include the /process_data/@myDoc right in the DDX

<DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/">
              <PDF result="process:///process_data/@myDoc">